1.6
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I have had major back issues for many years. Over the years I have been told there isn't anything that can be done,so when I finally have a doctor tell me there is something can be done, I think I finally see some relief.

Then the insurance company denies the surgery saying it's not medically necessary. I have appealed this twice and the last denial letter I received said the MRI doesn't correlate with my symptoms. I'm sorry,but how is a MRI going to show you that I am in constant pain?! I recently received an envelope with a copy of all of my medical records, and the worst thing about this, the envelope was wide open!

This was left on my front step,not in my mail box mind you! I called to complain and was told that someone would call me back. Hasn't happened yet! Going back to the appeals...I am now on the 2nd level of appeal, which the next available date is March 22 and I'm scheduled for surgery on March 27.

I think I'm going to have to cancel my surgery since they keep stringing me along!

This entire process is so incredibly frustrating! If medica continues to deny my back surgery, they will end up paying more in the long run since I will end up living on pain meds.

Review about: Medica Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments